Dal-Bac Manufacturing uses flame lamination to create custom composites including foams, films, knit and These composites are used in a wide variety of applications woven fabrics, non-wovens and vinyls. including:
- Orthopedic padding
- Automotive interiors
- Thermal and acoustical insulation
- Flexible Beverage Insulating Laminates – (koozies)
- Intimate apparel
- Medical disposables
- Sports equipment
Flame lamination is low cost, highly efficient and provides numerous benefits:
- Material Flexibility: Flame Lamination can be used on an extensive array of substrates as long as the core material is flame laminable. Polyurethane foams are the most common core material.
- No Adhesive: Does not require any adhesive. This reduces the overall cost and eliminates adhesive creep and bond failure between the substrates due to spotty adhesive application.
- Eco-Friendly: The absence of adhesives improves future recyclability, as there is one less element to be separated.
- Multi-Layer solutions: Composites can be created with a laminate on one side of the core or both sides of the core.
- Faster Throughput: The flame lamination process is generally much faster than other laminating options.
- Variable Thickness: Composites can be as thick as .75 inches and some applications can utilize a very thin layer of polyurethane foam that adds no appreciable thickness.
Flame lamination is one of Dal-Bac’s core services. We create composites up to 72 inches wide and .625” thick. We specialize in custom solutions and are pleased to provide prototypes and samples as part of our project management services. We also offer test runs to ensure that the finished products meet our customer’s quality standards. Dal-Bac is proud to be an ISO 9001:2015 certified company. Our ISO certified processes are the key to achieving our mandate of exceeding our customer’s expectations.
Our expert team is available to consult with you on materials, process and customized solutions for your flame lamination projects.